- Making the leap from University,College or School into business is big step. How will you stand out?
- Where do you find the tips and techniques from industry professionals that help you gain the edge that employers look for?
- Studying hard and gaining a qualification is a great start, but do you know about how to make the right impression during interviews?
- How do you demonstrate that you are the best choice? And how can you use your research project to maximum effect?
How we Help You Climb
- We help students from Events, Tourism and Hospitality disciplines get a head start in business
- Sharing original content for students and ex-students in our lessons blog
- Connecting the academic world with business
- Guest Lecturing for Universities, Colleges and Schools
If you like the content on this website, please pass it on to your lecturer or Head of Department.
Paul has a wealth of industry knowledge from which to draw upon, and always delivers his content with the user completely in mind.Andrew Kirby
The students were really buzzing on Friday and really excited by the Conference and what you did for them.
Did you meet expectations? You smashed them to smithereens!!Nick Jordan
I like working with Paul. He’s a regular, expert-contributor to my Programme at University of Greenwich. His specialism in Hybrid Events is well-developed, novel and in demand in the current changing industry sector environment. I very enthusiastically recommend him.Charles Bladen
Lessons From a Mountain: the Story
Lessons from a Mountain began when Paul Cook successfully climbed to the summit of Mount Kilimanjaro in Tanzania.
An Inspiring Challenge
Whilst on his adventure, Paul discovered lessons that enabled him to overcome his own personal limits and push on to the top of the mountain. These are lessons that he now continues to practice on a daily basis in his business life. Kilimanjaro was a catalyst for change in his personal development.
Lessons for Life
As a result of his trip and through his work with Universities he works to help students stand the best possible chance of launching their business careers. He uses the ‘mountain’ as a metaphor to help students overcome their own challenges and teaches them the lessons he learnt.
About Paul Cook
Paul Cook is a well-known figure in the events industry. In 2008 he created Planet Planit, a specialised Content Marketing consultancy that works in the events and hospitality space. Lessons from a Mountain is a brand of Planet Planit Ltd.
Thank you so much for organising today’s lecture with Paul, I’ve learned so much new information today!Elena Plugaru
Paul Cook easily builds rapport with students and integrates a combination of humour and his own personality into each subject matter. I always receive excellent feedback from students who have attended Paul’s sessions and I will continue to bring him into the University in order to give students a realistic and highly invaluable insight into the ever demanding world of international event planning.Andrew Kirby