- Making the leap from university, college or another sector into the events industry is a big step. How will you stand out?
- Where can you find the tips and techniques from industry professionals that help you gain the edge needed?
- Studying hard is a great start, but, how can you make the right impression during interviews, presentations and pitches?
- How do you demonstrate that you are the best choice and that you understand the events industry?
How we Help
- We help students from Events disciplines and people new to the sector to get a head start.
- We share original content in our lessons blog.
- We connect the academic world with the events industry.
- We work with universities, colleges and schools to create and design relevant interactive sessions.
If you are in academia or industry and would like to work with us to help launch the careers of the new events industry talent, please get in touch.
Did you meet expectations? You smashed them to smithereens!!
Lessons From a Mountain: the Story
Paul Cook successfully climbed to the summit of Mount Kilimanjaro in Tanzania. Lessons from a Mountain has its name as a result of his trip.
An Inspiring Challenge
Whilst on his adventure, Paul discovered lessons that enabled him to overcome his own personal limits and push on to the top of the mountain. These are lessons that he now continues to practice on a daily basis in his business life. Kilimanjaro was a catalyst for change in his personal development.
Lessons for Life
As a result of his trip and through his previous work with universities, Paul helps students and new people launch into the events industry. He uses the ‘mountain’ as a metaphor, he shares with them, the lessons he learnt whilst climbing and throughout his career.
About Paul Cook
Paul Cook is a well-known figure in the events industry. In 2008 he created Planet Planit, a specialised events business consultancy. Lessons from a Mountain is a resource provided by Planet Planit Ltd.